Friday, January 25, 2008

A Morning Walk


Yesterday I decided to start taking morning walks to get my mind and body awake for the day. Even though it wasn't the best of days to start I went out this morning. It was gray and windy but not too cold and the rain hadn't started yet. Just as I got started I met one of our neighbors who lives at the end of our street. She was walking her little white dog so we walked together. What a fun time I had walking and talking to her. Actually she did most of the talking but it was very interesting. She told me about how she could trace back her family history to European Royalty. She also had in her family a Bishop who was martyred by Bloody Mary for belief in separation of Church and state. We talked of many different things and she told me about the nice people who lived in our neighborhood. It was nice to make a new friend and I hope to go walking with her again soon. Next time I would like to share my testimony with her as an opening to the Gospel.

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Sounds like a great walk! Praying for a good opportunity to share the Gospel with her!

Anonymous said...

Isn't it nice to see how God can use a situation and create an opportunity to share our lives with them. I believe it is great to get to know all your neighbors. A great place to start meeting people and then they see our lives as Christians and we pray they see God at work in our lives.